It’s hot. It’s humid. It’s summer in Maryland and you know what that means? It’s Boating Season! It’s that time of year when you hook up your trailer and tow your beautiful boat to the water. There is fishing to do…or crabbing…or just boating! Whatever activity you prefer, one thing is for sure; you can’t do anything until you get that boat in the water. And you can’t get that boat in the water without first towing it there.
Trailer Hitch Installation
If you recently bought a new truck (or a new boat for that matter) and need to install a trailer hitch on your vehicle, Trick Trucks has you covered. We carry an extensive line of trailer hitches and accessories, including wiring and lighting products, which can be purchased and professionally installed at any one of our twelve convenient locations throughout Maryland, Delaware, West Virginia, and Virginia. Trailer Hitch Installation is one of our specialties! Best of all, our work is guaranteed and all factory warrantees apply. That’s what we like to call a win-win!
Not sure what type of hitch you need? Don’t worry. Trick Trucks will be more than happy to help you select the right trailer hitch for your towing needs.
Once you have your new trailer hitch installed, there is nothing left to do but tow your boat to the water. But first, we have a few towing tips to help get you there safe.
- Towing Capacity: The experts at Trick Trucks will go over this while helping you choose the right trailer hitch for your truck and your needs. But it is important to NEVER exceed your vehicle (or hitch’s) towing capacity.
- Mirrors: Adjust your mirrors before you go anywhere. Visibility is important.
- Brake Lights: Check your brake lights. A broken brake light can put you and other drivers at risk.
- Tires: Check your trailer tires. They wear down over time. And when you are towing a heavy boat, the last thing you need is a flat tire, which can either leave you stranded or cause an accident. Yikes!
- Brakes: If your trailer has a brake system of its own, it is important to synchronize your brakes. Poorly functioning trailer brakes could spell disaster, putting everything on your vehicle’s brakes.
- Slow Down! As you can probably imagine, the extra weight of your trailer and boat make it much more difficult to stop. You need more room. And the faster you are traveling, the more room you need to stop.
- Choose the Right Hitch: Trick Trucks has you covered.
- Practice Makes Perfect!
If you have any questions about Trailer Hitch Installation or want to know more about one of our many other Interior Truck Accessories and Exterior Truck Accessories, please contact Trick Trucks today by calling 1-866-60 TRICK or click here! Check us out on Facebook and Twitter as well!