Spring is in full swing and summer will be here before you know it. You know what that means: boating season. And it is important to make sure your car, truck, van, or SUV is equipped with the right trailer hitch for the job. You need a hitch that can handle the maximum weight of your trailer and boat, but doesn’t exceed the towing capacity of your vehicle.
Choosing the Right Trailer Hitch for the Job
- Class I: Can handle up to 2,000 pounds of gross trailer weight and a maximum tongue weight of 200 pounds.
- Class II: Can handle up to 3,500 pounds gross trailer weight and 300 pounds tongue weight.
- Class III: Can handle up to 5,000 pounds of gross trailer weight and 500 pounds tongue weight.
- Class IV: Can handle up to 10,000 pounds gross trailer weight and between 1,000 and 1,200 pounds tongue weight.
- Class V: Can handle haul loads that are greater than the specs for Class IV hitches, such as a car trailer, horse trailer, or a large boat or camper.
- 5th Wheel/Gooseneck: A 5th wheel can half up to 24,000 pounds and a gooseneck up to 25,000 pounds.
Trick Trucks will be more than happy to help you select the right trailer hitch for your towing needs.
Trailer Hitch Installation and Accessories in Maryland
At Trick Trucks, we carry an extensive line of trailer hitches and accessories, including wiring and lighting products, which can be purchased in our showroom and professionally installed at any one of our twelve locations, throughout Maryland, Delaware, West Virginia, and Virginia.
We provide factory authorized service, all work is guaranteed, and all factory warrantees apply.
If you have any questions about Trailer Hitch Installation and Accessories in Maryland or want to know more about one of our many other Interior Truck Accessories and Exterior Truck Accessories, please contact Trick Trucks today by calling 1-866-60 TRICK or click here! Check us out on Facebook and Twitter as well!